Is there potential conflict between Webroot and Norton Secirity?

• 19 February 2016
  • 5 replies

I just installed Webroot Secure Anywhere on PC with windows 7.  Norton Internet Security is also running on this machine and about to expire.  I am considering renewing my Norton licence... and wondering if i should change any Webroot settings in order to prevent conflicts with Norton.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi chrisfeahr

Welcome to the Community Forums.

There should be no issue with the running of both WSA & NIS on your system. This is because WSA is designed from the ground up to be compliant/work with other security apps.

However, if you want to make absolutely sure then you should register the keep NIS components under the 'Block'Allow Files' feature within WSA (click on gear/cog to the right of PC Security > Block/Allow Files) and to the converse for the major WSA components under the NIS Exclusion fucntionality.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also Norton is known to tell you to uninstall the other AV in this case WSA so ignore that as well.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
You could also do what a lot of us do and that is just use Webroot, it will save you money. I have been running just Webroot for quite a long time on its own with no issues at all.
That is worth considering.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
You could also do what a lot of us do and that is just use Webroot, it will save you money. I have been running just Webroot for quite a long time on its own with no issues at all.
That is worth considering.
RIGHT

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Also Norton is known to tell you to uninstall the other AV in this case WSA so ignore that as well.

Daniel ;)
Hi chrisfeahr

Just encase Norton states Webroot is not compatible please read the KB article here https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Incompatibility-Messages-Regarding-Webroot-from-Third-Party/ta-p/20338