temporary files

• 23 October 2014
  • 5 replies

I ran Webroot diagnostics and received the message 'a large number of temporary files found (1883 MB windows/IE only)

Can someone tell me where to go to delete them....the IE tool isn't doing it.

Bert

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello bmurry1, welcome to the Webroot Community!

Temp file can be found in.... a LOT of places, not just your browser.  Before we go any farther here, it would be VERY helpful to know what version of Webroot do you have?

WSA-Anti-Virus
WSA-Internet Security Plus
WSA-Complete
WSA-Gamers Edition
Best Buy Subscription Software version of WSA-Internet Security

Depending on what version you have, WSA MIGHT have the System Optimizer built in.  If you do... that is going to be the easiest way for us to deal with this.
Hi;
   I had the same problem with large number of temporary files.  I was just playing around with different ways to get rid of them and stumbed on this but don't know if it really had anything to do with the message going away after I ran the Analyzer.  I'm not really tech savy.  I went into my Outlook Mail settings (I'm running Windows 10), chose "Options" from the list.  You then get all the categories.  I found "Junk E-Mail" then clicked on "Filters and Reporting"  You then get items to change.  I changed the first one on the list from Standard to Exclusive so most of my mail goes into the junk folder.  I have run the System Analyzer 3-4 times and the Large Number of Temporary Files message is still gone.  I've also been going into tools and deleating te browsing history on a daily basis.  Maybe you could let me know if what I did actually worked on this problem.  Good Luck
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello @ and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Can you give us some info as to which Webroot Product are you using? http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/652/Viewing-Account-Details

Have a look here to remove old unneeded files: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/instantanswers/8fef4121-711b-4be1-996f-99e02c7301c2/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Hello;   
     I'm using Internet Security Plus;  sorry for the omission.

Regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ just follow my instructions on the above post on how to do a Disk Cleanup and that will remove most of the temp files.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉