Guard Dogs of Webroot - December

• 16 December 2014
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 6752 replies
This month we'll get to see my very own puppies, Aaliyah and Chewie:

The only way I could get them to sit still was to fill their food bowls and get their attention that way.  Being a guard dog for Webroot is hungry work!

Aaliyah is 9 years old and we got her from a breeder as a puppy.  She's an Olde English Bulldogge, which is like an English Bulldog but bred to be a bit healthier.  She's a total sweetheart and loves everyone and everything.  We used to have pet guinea pigs and she would touch noses with them in their cage to say hello.  The only thing that drives her crazy, for some unexplained reason, is the theme song from the TV show 30 Rock:

We even tried the experiment of playing just the music or just the video to see which was the trigger.  But she barks equally at both now that the association has been made.  I guess we'll never know which came first.

Chewie we've had for almost a year.  He was born on Christmas day and is half Golden Retriever and half Poodle (called a Golden Doodle).  He took an instant liking to Aaliyah and would follow her around everywhere.  It took her a while to figure out what to make of this new addition who was competing with her for toys:

As a son of the winter months, Chewie took an instant liking to the snow.  Aaliyah on the other hand, doesn't like anything cold or wet:

Now that they've lived together for almost a year they've overcome their differences and are fast friends.  Here they are snuggled up on the couch after a hard day's work wrestling and playing together:

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Beautiful dogs, Nic!
Userlevel 7
Cute dogs. Thanks for sharing @ . I love dogs. We have a retriever born on New Years Eve, she'll be 11 years old. :D