Guard Dogs of Webroot - November

• 16 November 2015
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 6752 replies
The month of November brings us another cutie.  Take a look at ?'s loyal guardian, Hyde:

Hyde is a 4 year old Cocker spaniel mix. I adopted him early last year, and he's been a great addition to the family ever since. In his spare time he likes to chase the squirrels and laser pointers, bark at passersby, and begging for attention any chance he gets. He knows how to press the cuteness buttons, and hard. We’re convinced he’s studying us to find the newest and best ways to for us to bring our attention to him.

Hyde is a lap dog, who can’t stand to be sleeping on his own. He will nudge and nudge his way onto your lap and before you know it, he’s right on top of you. When I initially adopted him, he was the saddest looking dog in the pound and that’s exactly why I picked him up. Since then his sad face only appears when you don’t share the pizza!

His latest cute trick up his sleeve is sticking his tongue out. He is good at manipulation by cuteness. His expertise have allowed him to live a spoiled lifestyle.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
?I hope Hyde's running Secure Anywhere on that computer behind him or else no pizza for a month for Hyde
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
lol, I'm sure he is 🙂
Badge +8
@ wrote:
The month of November brings us another cutie.  Take a look at @'s loyal guardian, Hyde:

Hyde is a 4 year old Cocker spaniel mix. I adopted him early last year, and he's been a great addition to the family ever since. In his spare time he likes to chase the squirrels and laser pointers, bark at passersby, and begging for attention any chance he gets. He knows how to press the cuteness buttons, and hard. We’re convinced he’s studying us to find the newest and best ways to for us to bring our attention to him.

Hyde is a lap dog, who can’t stand to be sleeping on his own. He will nudge and nudge his way onto your lap and before you know it, he’s right on top of you. When I initially adopted him, he was the saddest looking dog in the pound and that’s exactly why I picked him up. Since then his sad face only appears when you don’t share the pizza!

His latest cute trick up his sleeve is sticking his tongue out. He is good at manipulation by cuteness. His expertise have allowed him to live a spoiled lifestyle.

I've heard that dog's with shortened snouts have a habit of sticking out their tongue as it is longer than the snout allows. Another byproduct of Man messing with nature and breeding dogs with other breed just to see. While some are bred to have shortened snouts intentionally, it also affects their teeth because their face is "all wrong" I must admit that I don't see this in Hyde, maybe he's simply a copy cat. Anyhow, he's cute as pie.:p
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hyde is just adorable! He deserved to be spolied!!:D

The image of Hyde immediately brought to mind out Tibetan Spaniel bitch, Patch, who does the same thingl She is deaf and we have always considered it possibly a further warning system to make up for her hearing, but it is probably just that she has an extraordinarily long tongue - not visible here, where she is 'helping' my wife to work. Hyde looks very like a Tibbie, but that crest is very Americab Cocker, so I assume that is his origin, rather than Tibet.....