Solved

Hello from the Pacific NW

• 23 August 2015
  • 2 replies

Even though I have used computers since 1997, I'm still relatively inexperienced around hardware and software (guess I've had other interests to occupy me). I have the basic protection for a Home User than Webroot Anywhere provides. I'm on Windows 10 and using both the new Edge browser and Google Chrome. My question is: is there anything I should do on a regular basis with this protection? Do I schedule weekly or monthly scans and if so - "how" OR do I do this manually on a periodic basis? Also, do I need to configure the firewall or does it do this automatically and does it work in conjunction with my Windows firewall or separately?

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 23 August 2015, 23:29

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Pavil82

Welcome to the Community Forums.

To answer your questions directly:

1. is there anything I should do on a regular basis with this protection?

Not really as WSA is pretty much fire & forget for the most part, but an occassional review of the various shields & keeping an eye on the notificaiton tray icon so be enough for the most part.

2. Do I schedule weekly or monthly scans and if so - "how" OR do I do this manually on a periodic basis?

WSA will by default have an automatic daily scan scheduled as part of the install. I would not change that other than to make sure that the time for the scan suits you. To do that click on the 'Advanced Settings' option in the top righthand corner of the main panel, then select 'Scheduler' from the list on the left of the next panel and you should see the scheduling options.

3. do I need to configure the firewall or does it do this automatically and does it work in conjunction with my Windows firewall or separately?

You do not need to do anything in relation to the WSA firewall other than making sure that the Windows Firewall is enabled or if you prefer you install a 3rd party firewall...one or the other are required to work in conjunction with WSA's own outbound firewall.

That should cover it but if you have further questions please do not hesitate to submit them here.

Redgards, Baldrick
Thank you so much for all the help. Much appreciated.