LED Light on ON/OFF button of my HP Desktop. Doesn't work anymore except rare occasions.

• 25 September 2014
  • 2 replies

I am a retired Professor of Chemistry who knows a little, but not enough about my computer.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I am a retired Professor of Chemistry who knows a little, but not enough about my computer.
Hello gardenprof,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

What I would suggest is your Power Supply could be going but you can Google Hp and try to go through the fixes there. Or call them. Here's a link but I would see if HP could advise because it can be technical. A PS is easy to replace by following the instructions online for your model. But you can also see if your Power Cord is going bad or if it's plugged in all the way.

If you go to the HP web site and look up your model and trouble shoot from there.

Best Regards,
Userlevel 7
Hi gardenprof

Welocome to the Community Forums.

Whilst what Sherry has suggested may be correct the real question is whether it is just the light that is an issue or whether you are getting any other power-related issues that you have not noticed before? If so then I would humbly suggest that it is actually just the switch itself rather than the power supply, that is the issue given it is mechanical and also if you system is not new...as I am sure that the switch may well have been depressed a good few times...;)

But it would not hurt to contact HP about it and get their take on it.

Regards, Baldrick