Realtime shield causing program to run sluggishly

• 24 October 2014
  • 2 replies

After recently installing Webroot I noticed that a football game program on my laptop began to run sluggishly. After some trial and error I determined that when the realtime shield was turned off, the game would return to running perfectly. I instructed Security Anywhere to 'allow the game's execute file to run, but the problem was not resolved.

Any advice? 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello dferg6 again!

I am sorry for the delay in reply to your first post.  I have anwered there now 🙂
Userlevel 7
Hi djferg6

Welcome to the Community Forums.

It looks llike you have started the diagnostic process yourself and are on the right track, but there are few places where Webroot can restrict files & apps and it may well be worth checking to see if the .exes of the game in question are recorded there and being scanned/monitored, etc.  To do this please take a look at the KB article that explains the areas, what to look for and what the settings mean.

If this information does not help you to track down the issue then please post back here so that we can look into this further for you...before recommending that  you Open a Support Ticket to let the Support Team take a look instead.

Regards, Baldrick.