The Cure For The Virus Starts Here

Userlevel 3
Cyber Defense Strategy

Hi,

My name is Norris and it is a pleasure to be a part of the Community. I have never, ever purchased antivirus software in my life up until now. I plan on getting my absolute money's worth so I will be here on community.webroot.com learning all kinds of ways to stay safe online. One day I will have children and they will ask me questions so I do not want to look any stupider than the next guy.

I have a pretty decent strategy in mind but have not been authorized to discuss it with anybody yet. Otherwise, this introduction post will be data entry #1. Ya know ?

Okay, back to work.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Norris @,

Why I certainly want to welcome you to the Webroot Community Forum,:D

We are all here to learn and help others and there is no such thing as a stupid question. It's great to have you aboard!

Feel free to jump in at anytime and we will do our best to answer all questions. As the story goes .. the Forum is full of knowledgable  and fun, easy going people.

Here's a place to start https://community.webroot.com/t5/tkb/communitypage and here as well .;)

You have found a home here and I'm sure you will enjoy the Forum as much as we all do.

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 3
Hi Ssherjj,

If it is not too late, I would like to thank you for welcoming me back in the start of June 2015. It is a pleasant response to my introduction and so I shall return the favor by spending more of my time introducing myself to new members just like how you do. I would also like to thank the rest of the participants of your Webroot VIP Program because they work hard to be good informers and that is probably the sole reason I return to the Community on a frequent basis. People deserve to be proud of their service team, don't they ?

That is why I am still working on my unique contribution to a comprehensive cyber defense strategy. I have 658 days remaining before my Webroot subscription ends so there is plenty of time for me to study all the different problems people go through before focusing on my role in the solution. For example, a recent discovery is that the Webroot support line may be understaffed...

I called Webroot Support last week. Waited about 20 minutes before reaching an operator then asked some questions about the product. I did happen to mention that I am a member of the online forum and he said that is a good idea if I tend to have lots of questions. The only problem I have with the online forum is that guests cannot post. No anonymity; must post questions using ashford6. So I will resort to calling Webroot Support only if I cannot ask something on here.

As I mention before, I am here to learn how to respond to any question future Internet users may have, particularly the little ones who will be using the Internet connection inside my house. So far, I like how things are gradually coming along. The sun is about to set. I need to end this message and go outside for a brief jog for I am your eyes and ears in this city and the time will come when you know precisely what I mean by that, friends.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?.

Why it's never too late for a "Thanks".. I really appreciate the feedback from good people as yourself. We have the best Forum I think then any others because of our excitement to help others the best way we can. As always we do learn a tremendous amount of knowledge from eachoher. We are a proud team, Webroot Community cant be beat IMO and we will certainly enjoy your company whenever you decide to jump in.

Thank you for the kind words!

Have a beautiful evening!:D
Userlevel 3
Hi Ssherjj,

I am at a restaurant right now by myself using their free wifi !! There are about a hundred other people but I don't really knnow them so naww. Gonna do my own thing.

I read your reply and thought, Indeed...
Userlevel 3
A lot has happened during the time between the previous post and this post that you are currently reading. I had a miniature adventure yesterday. Somehow I managed to find my way back here, so here I am.

Some people who go here can look at lines of code and recognize areas to improve. As for myself, all I am good at is looking at a computer screen and writing things to say. As of now, I am enjoying the process of being a new customer. It is somewhat exciting to be a new customer because you never know the potential that lies ahead.

I like forums in general so I will return here very soon. It is impossible for you to know what I will be doing after I post this message but I can give you an idea. My mind usually starts to wander...

webroot... business... shareholder... i guess... don't make any shareholders mad...
hmm.. the movie inception... corporate espionage... find the center of gravity...
etc