Solved

what is this virus jwgkvsq.vmx and what should I do to remove it?

• 23 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Is this a virus and if so, how can I remove it? It’s very frustrating that this virus software can seemingly detect it but not do anything about it except to tell me to call support.

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 23 January 2024, 03:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @ttigiras 

I would recommend sending in a Support Ticket. When you send in a Support Ticket a Webroot Log automatically gets sent also. Support will look over the logs and send you instruction on what to do.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket 24/7/365

Call 1-866-612-4227  during the week Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

There are loads of reports on this file being malicious and actually being a Worm.

I would suggest just trying to prevent it spreading by using the likes of ~snip Webroot likes to look after there own Customers please read the Community Guidelines snip~ TH

Don’t Promote Other Organizations and Causes
The Webroot Community should be used to share information about issues related to Webroot, Webroot products and services, and cybersecurity in general. Please do not attempt to promote a separate organization or cause. Links to third-party security vendors and other vendors not supported by Webroot will be removed. Spam posts (links to malicious sites, phishing attempts, solicitations, etc.) will be removed without notice and the user will be banned.

(Apologies in advanced if I cannot mention any other product here)

Asad