why does system analyzer keep popping up?

• 23 November 2014
  • 1 reply

hello, system analyzer window pops up continuously and no matter what i select, contines to pop up. meanwhile, i cannot access program settings through icon in my applications in macbook pro. click on it, same pop window comes up, and again minute or two later

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello adaminalbuq, and Welcome to the Webroot Community.

I would advise a fresh install, but other more MAC knowledgable members might have another advice (?).

To uninstall and reinstall Webroot SecureAnywhere, follow the instructions below.

** Part 1: Uninstall Webroot **

1. Shut down SecureAnywhere by clicking the Webroot icon (green W) in the menu bar and selecting Shut Down SecureAnywhere.

2. If prompted, confirm that you want to shut down SecureAnywhere.

3. Open the Finder by clicking the Finder icon in the dock.

4. Open the Applications directory.

5. Click and drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere program icon into the Trash in the dock.

6. A confirming window appears. Click Uninstall.

7. Webroot SecureAnywhere is now uninstalled. There is no need to restart your computer.

** Part 2: Reinstall Webroot **

1. Click here to download the SecureAnywhere installer to your Mac.

2. Double-click wsamac.dmg to open the installer.
Here is the installer:  http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsamac.dmg

3. Drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere icon into the Applications folder.

4. Open the Applications folder by double-clicking the folder icon.

5. In the Applications folder, double-click the Webroot SecureAnywhere icon to begin activation.

6. In the first activation window, enter your keycode and if prompted, confirm the installation by entering your Apple system password and click OK. 

7. The next screen describes SecureAnywhere's Safari extension. Click the Install Safari Extension button, and confirm any prompts that appear.

8. In the Safari dialog, click Install.

9. When the Activation Successful screen opens, click Scan Now. Please allow this scan to complete. It will only take a few minutes to run.

10. In the Scan Complete window, click Close. The main window opens.

You can verify at any time that SecureAnywhere is running by looking for the Webroot icon (green W) in your menu bar.

Let us know if you have any questions.