would other security programs still work with webroot?

• 12 October 2014
  • 5 replies

Jusr wondering if Trend Micro woud work with Webroot also installed?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Jusr wondering if Trend Micro woud work with Webroot also installed?
Hello chasfschre,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Webroot can indeed work along side most AV

PLEASE have a look here

I'm not sure about Trend Micro though..maybe one of our Forum members here can assist?

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Trend  Micro should work with Webroot.  Back a number of years ago when Best Buy began its Subscription Software services, Webroot was called Spy Sweeper, and was anti-spy only, not a full AV.  Webroot and Trend Micro were a very very common combination sold by Best Buy.  

While as far as I know all such dual subscriptions have been resolved to a single, (The customer choosing which one to keep), since Webroot broadened the scope of the product to full protection, one does still run into the occasional person who still retains both.  While I cannot say for the 2015 versions for sure, up to now there has been no compatibility issues between the two and I am not aware of any changes to that.

It should be fine, though I personally see no need for a second AV.
Userlevel 7
I forgot to mention: Any time one does choose to use Webroot along with another AV product, I strongly advise to install the OTHER one first.  While Webroot is compatible with the others, and Webroot knows it is compatible with the others, the others installers do not know this.  It is common to see an install error regarding incompatibility from the OTHER installer if Webroot is installed first.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
From 'another forum':

"My one year subscription for Trend just ended, and I will not renew. Two of the three computers it was on are full of adware, and Trend sit there doing nothing about it.

I bought Webroot and installed it. Webroot found and removed the adware."

Hmmm....
Userlevel 7
Hi chasfschre

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I would just add, to all the learned advice already provided, that if necessary/as a precaution you can also whitelist/exclude/trust/allow (whatever term is used byTrend...in the case of WSA it would be 'Allow') the key components of each of the apps in under the other, i.e., 'Allow' Trend Micro under the 'Block/Allow' tab (found under the advanced settings...click on cog/gear symbol...for PC Security) and do the equivalent in Trend Micro for the WSA components.

You should not need to do so, as has been advised previously, due to WSA's design approach to other security apps...but I always do just in case...and have had no issues to date running a number of security apps with WSA.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick