Solved

wr stalling during security scan

Latley, WR has been stalling during a security.  it sticks at 6% completed and does not move.  What is causing this?

Sgtvito
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 25 March 2014, 18:23

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello sgtvito and welcome to the Webroot Community!

Your question can cover a very broad range of products and platforms... would you please narrow it down a little bit by letting us know which version of WSA you have (AV, Internet Security, or Complete) and what type of device the scan is getting stuck on (PC, Mac, Android, iOS)?

Thank you 🙂
Web Root Secure Anywhere
it is on a lap top. WR Secure Anywhere Complete
Userlevel 7
🙂  Webroot Secure Anywhere has several different versions: Anti-Virus, Internet Security Plus, and Complete.  My suggestions to help you are partly determined by which specific one of those you have, as well as what kind of device you are using it on that is having problems.

I do have another question as well: Is the problem happening on the first scan you have done, or has it scanned before without the problem?
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello  sgtvito and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

After rebooting the problem persists?

Thank you
Petr.

It was working properly untill last week.  Also, it has been notifying me that my subscription had expired and I still have nearly 900 days left on it.  It sticks there on the first attempt.  I have to shut dow and reboot for it to work for a couple of days and it repeats sticking at the 6% level again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello sgtvito and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA? Download a Copy Here and make sure you have a copy of your keycode then Uninstall WSA and Reboot and install with the new installer let it finish it's install scan then Reboot once again and don't import your settings as you can set it up as you like after and please let us know if that corrects your issue?

Thanks,

TH
Userlevel 7
Since it is a laptop (I assume Windows) and WSA-Complete, I am going to make a couple of assumptions and suggestions.  I am guessing that this is the first scan you have done, which always does take quite a bit longer than normal.  Once the first scan is complete, WSA has learned about your particular computer and subsequent scans are much faster.

Secondly, since you have the Complete version, I would suggest that you make use of the System Optimizer.  Slow scan times are often the result of having a large amount of temp files, temp internet files, etc etc on the computer, much of which the Optimizer will remove.  To run the System Optimizer, simply:

• Open Webroot
  • Click on the 'gear tool' next to Utilities
  • Click on the System Optimizer tab.
  • Click the Optimize Now button
I would suggest that after it has completed you note how much or how little space was freed up by the Optimizer, and then try running a scan again. 

Hopefully this will help, but let us know either way!  :)
ok
It worked.  Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That's Great to hear!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉