• 13 December 2013
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat318500050039&type=category

Pretty awesome!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
It's only free if you buy a new computer:

"via digital download when you buy a laptop or all-in-one computer from the Best Buy Premium Collection."
Userlevel 2
Ummmmmmmmmmm I posted it so I am well aware that its only free when you buy a new laptop. Its the fact that Bestbuy is promoting WSA :D
Userlevel 6
Still a great deal if you ask me. I am biased though.
Userlevel 2
Just about every new pc for the past years came with Norton or McAfee. Its nice to see a change. Even Geek Squad is recommending it. Its not all about detection from malware now a days as much as it is about protecting your identity. Making your pc safe while doing online transactions/banking is top priority. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I agree GTR707, it is actually pretty refreshing to see a change from the usual Norton and Mcafee stables being included with a new computer.
Userlevel 2
Actually Trend Micro PC-Cliian was huge over 10 years ago along with Norton and McAfee. Haven't see Kaspersky come preinstalled at all. 
Userlevel 7
I figured you knew about it, I was mainly posting for the people who at first see the topic and think they can click the link without a purchase. :robothappy:

Shran
Userlevel 7
@ 

Actually, the copies that Best Buy provides with many computer purchases (Sometimes 6 months, sometimes 1 year, 2 year or 3 year subscriptions) are all for Best Buy Subscription Software, and are not preinstalled by the software vendor.  (The computers, just like any other, generally have Norton or McAfee preinstalled by the computer manufacturer that will need to be removed in many cases.)

Also, for in-store purchases, the customer can choose between 3 different vendors.  (Up untl September 2012 there was a 4rth choice available as well.)