Keep getting a window that pops up and says get my free Windows 10 now. Is this for real?

• 17 August 2015
  • 4 replies

Also, there is an icon displayed on my tray for Windows 10 supposedly.   Please let me know how to omit this if it is some phoney baloney.  Thank you for your help.  Love WebRoot

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Many people have discovered,  Microsoft launched an update that in association with update KB3035583 now places a icon in the notification area (next to the taskbar) to reserve your copy of Windows 10.This is for real.

Please look here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq?ocid=win10_auxapp_LearnMore_win10faq

Hope this helps?

Kind Regards,
Thank you for your answer and so quickly. Do you recommend upgrading to Windows 10?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Cabingirl33,

Alot of us have upgraded to Win 10. I personally love the new OS. My upgrade went quite smoothly and if you don't like Windows 10 you can aways go back to W/7 according to Microsoft. You have 30 days to roll back/restore. Microsoft saids this free upgrade will be available for a year. So you have plenty of time at your own speed to do this.

Please look here at the KB Base article about Windows 10

Webroot recently released v9.0.x.x which is Windows 10 compatible version so as long as you have the latest version installed or if you have an earlier version you make sure that you update to the latest version you should be fine/have no issues.

Let me ping ? and see what he can add to this ok?

Remember it's up to you. But backup your Music and Photos just to be safe if you go forward with the upgrade.

You might want to do some research (Google),  yourself about Win 10 and you will find alot of information.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Userlevel 7
Hi everyone!

I really don't think I can add much to it, Sherry has covered it pretty well.  The upgrade is legit, and free.  SOME people have concerns still about Windows 10, but the article Sherry linked to explains all of it I believe.  Personally, I like it and plan to keep it.