Q&A with Kiran Kumar - Webroot DNS Protection

Show first post

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ here is an Example of my Modem and I use IPv4 and IPv6!

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Thank you @, I will look at your replies when I have more time.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Yup. I am familar @. Thanks for this... As a follow up q - What is your primary driver/use case as a consumer? is it parental control settings, etc?  
Thanks
-Kiran 
@ wrote:
@here is an Example of my Modem and I use IPv4 and IPv6!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I want to extend a big thank you to all of you who were able to login and participate in this first of a kind LIVE Q&A session with a Product Mgr. Big round of kudos to @ @ for helping organize, moderate and co-ordinating lot of behind the scenes to make this happen. 

The Product team at Webroot is committed to listening to our customers either via interviews, trade shows, phone, community and ensure we do a complete discovery process and bring a level of discipline that solves business problems and makes business sense. 

I hope this was helpful and that you found some value from it being interactive as I really wanted to take this opportunity to introduce you to the concept of DNS Protection service and how it can benefit you and your organization. Some key points to keep in mind reg. DNS-Protection: 

- DNS is a phonebook for the Internet and Webroot’s DNS-Protection Web Filtering service enables you to control this address book by setting acceptable usage policies for your network. 
- Today, Most ransomware relies on making C&C communications for payment instruction and data transmission, by installing a DNS layer protection, chances of preventing and blocking these communication the ransomware attack can be elimited or prevented. DNS continues to be the most common protocol used for Ransomware threat payment. 
- DNS-Protection is completely cloud based and is easy to install (at the network or roaming devices) and deploy (matter of minutes) and managed/configured via the same console (GSM or Global Site Mgr) used to manage your endpoints today. Single pane of glass and automation ..
- Having an accurate and most comprehensive Threat Intelligence is critical for a service like DNS and it is exactly what you get with Webroot DNS-P which relies on predictive real-time Threat Intelligence by BrightCloud - A trusted Industry leader in the network/security industry for 10+years.  

Look fwd to conitnuing our conversations beyond this .. let's keep it coming. 
Thanks
@
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Yup. I am familar @. Thanks for this... As a follow up q - What is your primary driver/use case as a consumer? is it parental control settings, etc?  
Thanks
-Kiran 
@ wrote:
@here is an Example of my Modem and I use IPv4 and IPv6!

Just extra protection from Malware and any type of pop-ups, I know some that still use a Host File and if that could eliminate for the need of a Host File then yes I can see consumers paying for a Good protective DNS service.

Thanks,
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Oh ! This solution doesn't need a hostfile at all .. you can just register your public IP and fwd the requests from your Router to our DNS ..its that simple, that enables all devices within your home/network to be protected.  

Just extra protection from Malware and any type of pop-ups, I know some that still use a Host File and if that could eliminate for the need of a Host File then yes I can see consumers paying for a Good protective DNS service.

Thanks,