Visibility of all posts in a thread

• 3 April 2013
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
It seems that I cannot figure out how to see all posts in threads when replying. I will elaborate ...

If you click Reply (on top of the thread, just beside Topic Options) you see just the first post of a thread. If you click Reply in any post, you see just the post you're replying to. If you click Quick Reply in any post, a small frame in the post you're replying to is opened but it is not the full featured reply (no emoticons, links, pictures etc.).

Therefore I would like to see all posts in a thread when replying regardless on the manner I reply (to a post or to a thread). I am used to this feature on Wilders forum and it's very neat.

Or am I missing something?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
I can see a couple of sides to this.  For a thread that has mulitple pages of posts, I do not think this would work.  BUT.. I would like to see the all posts of the 'current page' when making a reply.  I sometimes find myself using two browser windows to comment: one for my reply, and the other open to the thread so I can see the last several posts.  

Pegas, would this be better off in the Ideas Exchange instead of Announcements?
Userlevel 7
@DavidP wrote:
For a thread that has mulitple pages of posts, I do not think this would work.
Yes and no, if posts will be listed in a plain text (without emoticons, pictures etc.) what should save space, it can show all posts.

@DavidP wrote:
I sometimes find myself using two browser windows to comment: one for my reply, and the other open to the thread so I can see the last several posts.
Exactly, sometimes need two or three Opera sheets opened to write a reply what is not so comfortable.

@DavidP wrote:
Pegas, would this be better off in the Ideas Exchange instead of Announcements?
OK, will do that ;) I originaly thought about writing into Ideas but wasn't sure if there is any "trick" to show them (posts) all.
Userlevel 7
Well, there is the link to "View Discussion in a Popup" on the reply screen.. it opens a second window/tab.  I may be missing something as well as I have not found any other way other than a second window or tab to see multiple posts when making a reply.
Userlevel 7
@DavidP wrote:
Well, there is the link to "View Discussion in a Popup" on the reply screen.. it opens a second window/tab
Good catch David! Thanks, I didn't notice of this drab link. However it still opens another tab ...