Wait a Minute, the Community Looks Different!

Show first post

61 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi Tarmac,

Daniel is correct. When I posted the reply, it looked too close to the post before it. I did edit it a few times, apparently.:$ I added more spaces for ease of reading. Sorry for the emails. You can shut them off, if you prefer. I like to get them as I am not always available to go online.

Sorry,
Theresa
PS Had to edit this one too. Should have used spell check.

@ wrote:
@Yesterday, I got four email notifications for  @ 's  post to this topic .  Wondering what caused that to happen.

Hi Theresa,  

Thanks for explaining, that it was because of the edit function.  I have edited at times, too.  
So, that means others have gotten more than the one email from me also,  when posting in a topic.

P.S.  I tend not go on the  tarmac  as I may  get hit by a stray plane. :D

@ @ @

I don't know if my bug report from my post a page earlier was picked up, but it's quite serious for users who are trying to find solutions to problems they are experiencing with Webroot or who are trying to learn how Webroot works, so I'm posting it again with pings to key Webroot Community Forum administrators. The bug seems to be the same with ALL Knowledge Base articles, i.e. none of them can be read!!

Obviously, this won't be picked up until after the weekend but it does need to be fixed!!

"Bug (relating to new Webroot Community Forum format??):
When I try to click on the "read more" link to expand the Knowledge Base article on Webroot uninstallation, the article refuses to expand.
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/PC-Uninstallation-Option-Missing-f...

"

PS. Some other, different bugs reported by others after my post.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Muddy7,

i reported his last week I believe and I appreciate you bringing this up again. We do need these KB articles ASAP. Hopefully Drew, Akim and JP can get these working for all of us soon.

Thank you for your great explanation of these issues, bugs... 😉
@ wrote:
Hello Muddy7,

i reported his last week I believe and I appreciate you bringing this up again. We do need these KB articles ASAP. Hopefully Drew, Akim and JP can get these working for all of us soon.

Thank you for your great explanation of these issues, bugs... ;)

OK. I didn't realise, Sherry.

But as you say, it 's good to remind them again.

A suggestion to Webroot, and more particularly to @freydrew, @akim and @JP: there seem to be one or two bugs with the new Community Forum (welcome as the new format very much is :D). Why not (if it's feasible) create an open thread/post, in perhaps spreadsheet/table form, where we can report and add any bugs as we find them? Just a suggestion...
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hello Muddy7,

Thank you for your great explanation of these issues, bugs... ;)

OK. I didn't realise, Sherry.

But as you say, it 's good to remind them again.

A suggestion to Webroot, and more particularly to @freydrew, @akim and @JP: there seem to be one or two bugs with the new Community Forum (welcome as the new format very much is :D). Why not (if it's feasible) create an open thread/post, in perhaps spreadsheet/table form, where we can report and add any bugs as we find them? Just a suggestion...
Oh that's okay Muddy, I didn't mention it/this in this thread. So you wouldn't of known anyways. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Anybody noticed that in the Messages Centre the actions when clicking on these options seem to be reversed...at least to what I would expect:

So, if you click 'Next' one would expect to see the next more recent message in the inbox, and for a click on 'Previous' one would expect to see the previous message to the one being viewed? But it seems to me that the fucntionality is reversed.
Can anyone confirm...or not?

Cheers, Baldrick
Yes Baldrick you are right, they are reversed and it is wrong. If I wanted to ask you what you were doing at work last week I would not ask what you had been doing at work NEXT week!
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
@ wrote:
Down another road. In the messages, it shows the number of messages, then the number of messages unread is the exact same number. Which of course is untrue. I think they may have a few bugs to work out still.
Theresa
Well spotted Theresa!  In my Inbox it shows zero as Unread which is correct. However in my Sent folder it shows them all as Unread which is clearly wrong.

Badge +8

@ wrote:
Hi Tarmac,

Daniel is correct. When I posted the reply, it looked too close to the post before it. I did edit it a few times, apparently.:$ I added more spaces for ease of reading. Sorry for the emails. You can shut them off, if you prefer. I like to get them as I am not always available to go online.

Sorry,
Theresa
PS Had to edit this one too. Should have used spell check.

@ wrote:
@Yesterday, I got four email notifications for  @ 's  post to this topic .  Wondering what caused that to happen.

Hi Theresa,  

Thanks for explaining, that it was because of the edit function.  I have edited at times, too.  
So, that means others have gotten more than the one email from me also,  when posting in a topic.

P.S.  I tend not go on the  tarmac  as I may  get hit by a stray plane. :D

OMG Tarnak, I am so sorry. I guess it is time for new glasses. Please accept my sincerest apologies. No one likes their name being misspelled.
Theresa

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
That's a great suggestion, @! Really appreciate the desire to help. You can add any bugs to this Spreadsheet, and then I'll transfer them to the running document we have going.
EDIT: I updated the link to Google Docs. Please make sure to save/use this one.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vU0YxEJ-Ukve2vx3rRlkQB3QB3nxu5RuGlUHfBr3IAk/edit?usp=sharing

Makes my job easier!!! :catlol:
Thanks, @! Just seen your post.

I've made a start with two minor bugs I can immediately remember. I expect you already know about them, but it's best to note everything as any small bug might or might not be missed. As I recall and/or discover other bugs, I'll add.

Why not, in order to highlight this spreadsheet within the Forum, create a new sticky thread (perhaps in the Beta forum so that it is only open to more regular users?) which does not accept replies but simply allows the user to open the link to, and add entries to, the Google Docs spreadsheet?
Userlevel 7
Excellent suggestion, @. You all are chalk full of them! :catvery-happy:

I've created a Thread in the Beta forum here:
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Beta/Help-us-make-the-Community-better-than-ever/gpm-p/297050

(Note, we're having issues with featuring threads right now...apologies for the irony)