webroot green icon upper right hand corner on laptop

• 31 January 2014
  • 7 replies

I want my green webroot icon back on my laptop in the upper right hand corner. How can I do that? How do I access the secure anywhere menu where I can check for persistent status?? Thanks.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Are you talking about a desktop icon?  If so, you can change that setting.  Open up your Webroot console, click Advanced Settings, go to the Install Settings tab and check the box that says "Show a shortcut on the desktop".

If you are referring to something else please let me know and I can investigate further.
Thanks for your response, but it is not the desktop icon. It is a green webroot icon that used to sit on the upper right corner of my screen next to my favorites star when I was in a search engine, in my case Google Chrome.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
So like a toolbar?  Take a look at this thread and see if it helps.

This is the message I received when I clicked: 

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  • Sorry, your request failed. A notification has been sent to the development team for investigation.Exception ID: 3751D5D6 Please click the Back button on your browser.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Oops, must have pasted the wrong link.  Try this one.
Thanks - tried it and still no little green circle. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I that case probably the best thing to do is get you connected with support.  They'll be able to remote in and it will go faster than us going back and forth.  Here's the link to get started:
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp