You can now see who sent you a private message

• 15 February 2013
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 7
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 1581 replies
Hi Everyone,

As of this morning, private message notifications have been improved.  You can now see who sent you a private message, as well as the subject line.  :)

Happy posting!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Jim, can you also fix the subject line for updated discussion alerts. THey are too long to display on an iphone. You have to open the email to see what discussion was replied to.
Userlevel 7
Thank you!  I am going to like that..
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Jim, can you also fix the subject line for updated discussion alerts. THey are too long to display on an iphone. You have to open the email to see what discussion was replied to.
Probably so.  "Webroot Community Subscription: 1 Update: Re:" is pretty wordy.  Maybe that could be squeezed down to "Updated Topic:" ?  You already see it's from "Webroot Community" as the sender.  You'd get at least the first couple of words of the thread in there as well in that case.  Would that work for you?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Yeah that would be awesome Jim! 😃
Userlevel 7
I've changed it to a more minimal "X Notification(s)"
So now it displays the number of notifications and then the subject(s).

So we're down from 41 characters to 15 characters preceding the subject.  That change should go out Wednesday morning unless we find anything wrong with it between now and then.  Good thought Explanoit - thanks!
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Hi Everyone,

As of this morning, private message notifications have been improved.  You can now see who sent you a private message, as well as the subject line.  :)

Happy posting!
Hi, Jim.  I'm not certain what the change is.  I was always able see who sent me a PM, as well as the subject line.

In any event, its nice to see us doing some housekeeping and tightening things up!
Userlevel 7
You could see that on topic updates, but that wasn't built in for private messages before.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
What's this? A community manager that listens to the community?
Inconceivable! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great Job Jim!

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
Good! Now I can ignore all of those nasty PMs that Jim sends me constantly. :D

Just kidding, Jim.