Have I been hacked?

• 29 April 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Have I been hacked?
I have had Webroot for almost 10 years.  I am extremely careful on the internet.  I have all security settings high and program a full scan every morning.  In all this time only one threat (2015) has ever been detected—and quickly quarantined. I also automatically allow Webroot to keep me up to date on treats.
just recently my peer responded to an email that I sent (to a network of aprox 45 others) stating: '"You've been hacked!"
I immediately looked at my scan history and it still indicates only one threat (from 2015).  I also rescanned (deep). Nothing. He refused to tell me what the 'hack' was—only that his email indicated that my post had "malicious malware" but—understandably—had no intentions of opening it for any 'details'.  Yet—no other recipients of the same post  see anything.  Many, whom also have software that scans all their incoming mail.  Where am I going wrong here? Is Webroot somehow unaware of a malware lurking on my Windows PC.  Windows7 Home Premium ver. 6.0

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello JoeyD8610, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.:D

It would be best to let Support look at your logs to determine if there is a problem.

Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

HTH,
Dave.;)
Userlevel 2
Dave,
Thanks.  I'm on it.
I just sent the entire 'Have I been hacked?' (with an added --"..and I don't see it?") to Tech Support.
Haven't sent my logs yet.  Will wait to hear back from WTS.
I will update my post once clarity has been acheived!
Thanks bud!!
Userlevel 7
Hi JoeyD8610

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The basic Scan & Thread logs are automatically uploaded to the Support Team as part of the ticket opening/submission process. So that they will have that basic information to work with. If they require additional information they will most likely contact you & send you a .exe to run that will gather more specific detail).

ev expect all or a more significant proportion of your 'network' to have the same outcome, i.e., seeing what that one peer has reported. But as Dave has stated, the most prudent thing here is to get Support invoved, which you have done. :D

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick