Hello. Was looking for some help

• 21 July 2014
  • 6 replies

I have renewed my Webroot subscription and entered the new product key code. The program works fine, but the expired key code still appears on my account home page. I have to manually enter the new key code every few days, because it says that my subscription has expired. Any thoughts or help would be great. 

Thanks!!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
WElcome to the community!

Where did you purchase your Webroot from?

If you purchased a new keycode, please contact support so they can move your information to the new keycode. You will find the link below my signature to submit a trouvle ticket.

Without further details, my only suggestion is to contact tech support.

Beth
@ wrote:
I have renewed my Webroot subscription and entered the new product key code. The program works fine, but the expired key code still appears on my account home page. I have to manually enter the new key code every few days, because it says that my subscription has expired. Any thoughts or help would be great. 

Thanks!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:

Thanks!!
Welcome to the WSA Community Forum jstauder,
Sorry you are having issues with your keycode.

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA? Please follow the following steps:

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for all of the following steps
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

Also you may  submit a support ticket.HERE
I purchased the program directly from webroot (via the web). I will try to reload the program and see if that works.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I purchased the program directly from webroot (via the web). I will try to reload the program and see if that works.

Thanks!
Please do let us know.

If you did buy a new keycode, you DO need to contact support.

Beth
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:

Thanks!
As Beth stated,
Please let us know so we can help you further if needed!

Regards,
Userlevel 4
Hello Jstauder,

Sounds like you previously had a subscription through Best Buy and are entering the new keycode into their installer. This unfortunately doesn't work as inteded because we have specific installers for Our keycodes and Best Buys. As mentioned before if you uninstall the software and then reboot you should have no issue installing the new keycode and having it staying.

Also I would recommend if it asks to implement previous settings to say "No" to that statement. What we are trying to achieve here is a fresh (clean) install for the product. Also after installing the new product please restart the computer.

Please let us if you need anymore assistance after those aforementioned steps.

Thanks,
John A.
Webroot Frontline Engineer