light bulb

Did You Know?

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Interesting article on what it takes to avoid being tracked by marketing companies

One woman's struggle to avoid being identified as pregnant while using the Internet and making online purchases:

http://time.com/83200/privacy-internet-big-data-opt-out/

Topics: 79
Kudos: 3,266

Re: Interesting article on what it takes to avoid being tracked by marketing companies

[ Edited ]
Hey Nic ...Good article and privacy is more important to me then free stuff if you know whatt I mean. Can't trust giving out informations for anything anymore especially with advertisements for free coupons or free trials and after reading this article it's a broad awaking to how to not be tracked online. Seriously I didn't realize the negatives of filling out firms or buying items from Facebook or Amazon or others. Always being tracked .....:smileysad: can't even buy vitamins or shop...connivence or privacy...tough call ya think?
Sherry

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC) | Download (Best Buy Subscription) | Submit Trouble Ticket | Account Console | User Guides |

BrightCloud URL lookup

Register and Introduce yourself to The Community!

Mac / Yosemite(10.10.1), IPads, PCs,W7Pro & W 8.1 R Pro. Windows 7 Pro on Lenovo & W/Vista Ultimate on Gateway Laptop.
(WSAC 5 PC,WSA Business)W/10 Preview
Sr. Community Guide

Re: Interesting article on what it takes to avoid being tracked by marketing companies

Definitely a good article. Kudos Nic!

I won't be doing a 9 month study, but I do notice the pattern of how different ads will appear both before and after I nuke the history and cookies on various browsers.  The amount of data that is being culled is astounding... and scary!

Funny thing is, a lot of those ads are for WSA :smileywink:

— Jeff
Webroot Business Ambassador   Webroot Senior Community Leader