cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why renew when new is cheaper?

SOLVED
New Voice

Re: Why renew when new is cheaper?

Baldrick, is there any security benefit to getting a new keycode vs. renewing?  Much the same way as changing a password?  I was about to get a new keycode for the sake of cycling my numbers until BurnDaddy reminded me that I'd then have to open a ticket to have my password manager settings transferred.

Gold VIP

Hi Krieger_bot

Honestly, there is no security-related benefit to renewing a subscription, i.e., no new keycode required, compared with purchasing a new subscription, i.e., receive & need to activate a new keycode.

The disadvantage of the latter ove the former is purely administrative & one of ease of use in the case of ISP & Complete version users, i.e., no need to request Support transfer of password data and/or Backup & Sync helf data from old to new keycode.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick

Untitled-1.png

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v9.0.19.43, imaged by Macrium Reflect v7.1

Highlighted
New Voice

Just buy new on deal, get the key code and just hold on to it until your sub is about to expire - i did this via NewEgg back in December and have just "renewed" with it now.

Works fine.