web console sending commands

• 13 October 2013
  • 4 replies

I used the web console to send  a scan command to one of my protected laptops but this command was never executed when the laptop was in use.

Anyone can explain why the command didn't execute?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello jcmn, 

Clicks within the Console usually are pretty quick, but they can take up to 20 minutes to reflcected through the entire system.

Also, the commands are sent on a "pull" communication instead of a "push".  What this means is that the command is executed the next time the PC contacts the Webroot servers for any reason instead of being sent out TO the computer.  It can be as little as just a minute or two, but it can be 20 minutes or longer.  When actively web browsing on the target computer the commands are likely to be received rather quickly, on a computer that is on but idle and not in current use the delay will be much longer.

Chances are as soon as the computer is next powered up it will "pull" in the command and the scan will start.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also on the computer that it was sent to you can force WSA to check the Cloud by Right Clicking the Tray Icon and Check for Updates.

TH
Inspecting the web console data about sent commands I detected that it was already done but only a few days after. I don't remember if it was in the first day I log in the laptop or not. Doesn't matter. It did already the scan.

Thanks for your answers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Inspecting the web console data about sent commands I detected that it was already done but only a few days after. I don't remember if it was in the first day I log in the laptop or not. Doesn't matter. It did already the scan.

Thanks for your answers.
But try it again and use my suggestion above to see it in action.

Daniel