3 security mistakes small companies make and how to avoid them

• 31 July 2014
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
by Mark Stockley on July 31, 2014

http://sophosnews.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/3-security-mistakes-170x170.jpg?w=640
Small businesses are in a tight spot; every organisation needs a basic level of computer security even if they don't have any technical employees.
Every small business and micro-enterprise is stretched and running one is all about finding the smartest way to allocate your limited time and resources.
Just about every organisation is dependent on computers but dedicated IT staff are a luxury most very small businesses do without. More often than not their 'IT cap' is worn by the least non-technical person.

Full Article

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Company;s and organizations with the current economy can't afford to hire quality IT staff, which opens them to security risks. However in this article is stated 3 ways to beef of security.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@Antus67 wrote:
Company;s and organizations with the current economy can't afford to hire quality IT staff, which opens them to security risks. However in this article is stated 3 ways to beef of security.
Great information for eveybody don't you think?Full backups, Encryption, Malware and AV protection....forgot to mention Password Protection!!
Well I'm not in a company but I'm going to follow these rules of encyption today!! And I've got protection with WSAC for my Apple Mac but was wondering if the free AV Sophos could run along side of Mac but that might be overkill!! Because all you really need is WSA right?:D

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Even if they can't afford a full time IT guy, they should avail themselves of the services of a good MSP.