9 Tips for Staying Safe Online with Your iPhone, Mac, or iPad

• 14 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7

by: Jamie Cuevas

Staying safe online with your Apple devices is an ongoing effort, and it’s important to keep yourself vigilant and informed about potential threats and risks. While the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, are generally much more secure than their competitor counterparts, that doesn’t mean you should be completely oblivious to risks to your personal information, logins, privacy, and general security.

We’re going to walk through six important tips to remember for when you’re online with your Mac, iPhone, or iPad, to help to insure your and your devices safety.

⇨⇨ Full Article ⇦⇦

7 replies

Userlevel 7

I’ve noticed in this Article there is no mention of third party Security Software. I would recommend having third party Security Software for layered security. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Thank you @ProTruckDriver !😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

I’ve noticed in this Article there is no mention of third party Security Software. I would recommend having third party Security Software for layered security. 

Well, for iOS devices, there is not much a third party app can protect with Apples security model in that OS, except for a good VPN service for online protection..  But for the Mac, I full agree. I was surprised as welll that the idea of third party security software  was left out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

FYI: the link in the original post at the top is now going to a 404 page. 

Here is a working link: https://osxdaily.com/2023/08/15/9-tips-for-staying-safe-online-with-your-iphone-mac-or-ipad/

Userlevel 7

FYI: the link in the original post at the top is now going to a 404 page. 

Here is a working link: https://osxdaily.com/2023/08/15/9-tips-for-staying-safe-online-with-your-iphone-mac-or-ipad/

Thank you. Link fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Good article but does feel incomplete without the mention of additional third party security. Perhaps because they didn’t want to favour any in particular

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I guess it’s safer not to mention any third-party tools and then there’s no favouritism or bias at all.