Acronis True Image 2015 brings new interface, faster online backups

• 28 September 2014
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Acronis International has unveiled Acronis True Image 2015, a significant update for its popular PC (and Mac) backup tool.
An entirely new interface makes it easier than ever to run basic backups. Choose your source – which can now be "Entire PC" -- and destination, and it’s ready to go immediately.
This simplified approach isn’t just skin deep, either: True Image 2015?s new focus on the core backup process means a host of "rarely used" features have been dumped.

The user guide points out that Acronis Extended Capacity Manager, .tib <> .vhd Backup file conversion, Disk Editor, Boot Sequence Manager, File Shredder, Import and export of backup settings, Try&Decide and Mail backup are all no more.
There are compensations. A deduplication system for online backups helps to avoid duplicate blocks being uploaded unnecessarily, which Acronis says improves performance by an average of 10 percent.

betanews/ full article here/ http://betanews.com/2014/09/27/acronis-true-image-2015-brings-new-interface-faster-online-backups/

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Anthony

I used to be a fan of ATI but it became so bloated with useless (for me) features that I ditched it for AX Time Machine, that better suits my needs.  What is interesting with this version is that Acronis seem to have realised that it was bloated and removed a slew of the IMHO supurfluous features and one now has a 'lighter' product concentrating on the basics again.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Same here AX64 Time machine with no unwanted crapware or bloat! http://ax64.com/

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Right on, Daniel...and it is a great replacement for Rollback Rx...as it does not mess with your MBR when installed.
Userlevel 5
Badge +19
What MBR mean?

Also, I looked at the website and from what I read, it makes backups all day long and then merges the backups every so often. Does that mean you have to keep your computer on all the time? I usually only have my computer on when I am using it mostly. That might be 5-8 hours a couple of times a day. Is that a problem? And what happens when the back up drive fills up?

I have Ghost on one machine and Acronis on the other. Do you have to remove them to install this app? I know Norton is kind of difficult to get rid of. I have Norton 360 on one machine. I would be happy to replace it with Webroot, but I think I have to get rid of all Norton products in order to use their clean up tool. Some of their products allow you to install them on upto 3 devices, but if you've already used up all the licenses, I'm not sure if they would let you reinstall the products you want to keep.

Oh, I think it is master boot record.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes it's the Master Boot Record in which Rollback Rx has caused many issues with AV's detecting it as a Rootkit. And if you need to get rid of Norton download the Pro version of Revo Uninstaller it's good for 30 days and only works on 64bit systems but they have a free version but only good for 32bit OS's and it will remove it as I tried to download the Norton Removal tool and and it will not download for what ever reason. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html again it's up to you.

Daniel