AOMEI OneKey Recovery allows you to recreate your PC’s recovery partition

• 2 August 2014
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Comment: A neat tool to create a custom recovery partition on  your PC

=================================================================================================
By Nick Peers  Posted on August 2 2014

http://betanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/aomei-600x429.png
AOMEI Technology has shipped AOMEI OneKey Recovery, a brand new tool that allows Windows users to create a custom recovery partition on their PC. The tool is primarily designed for use on a system whose on recovery partition has been lost, but should work with any PC.
The app creates the recovery partition from the user’s current setup, which means all existing programs and settings will be preserved.

betanews/ full article here/ http://betanews.com/2014/08/01/aomei-onekey-recovery-allows-you-to-recreate-your-pcs-recovery-partition/

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Yes, interesting but not as easy to use as as might first sound, and caution is urged when using this facility.

But other thn that...useful if you really need to use it.
Userlevel 7
Sounds good. Do they give a disclaimer for using it?
Userlevel 7
Of course they do...the usual one that is provided with all freeware...which basically says that there is no warranty implied, etc.

My bone of contention with the softaware is the software is best illustrated by quoting form the Downlaod.com review which highlights, very properly IMHO,:

"The program appears simple to use – a few clicks and you should be on the way to creating the recovery partition. But it’s actually a bit more complicated than that. First, you’ll need the Windows Automated Installation Kit installed on your PC – a link is provided, but it’s one of many hurdles to jump through."

And for anyone who does not know the WAIK is not the easiest of bits of software to download, install, etc.

It is a nice idea but I just wonder how many users are going to get in trouble when they don't need to, i.e.e, screw their existing recovery partition in the mistaken belief that they should update it...when basic imaging would give the same and be more useful generally...but that may just be grumpy, Ol' me...LOL.

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Of course they do...the usual one that is provided with all freeware...which basically says that there is no warranty implied, etc.

My bone of contention with the softaware is the software is best illustrated by quoting form the Downlaod.com review which highlights, very properly IMHO,:

"The program appears simple to use – a few clicks and you should be on the way to creating the recovery partition. But it’s actually a bit more complicated than that. First, you’ll need the Windows Automated Installation Kit installed on your PC – a link is provided, but it’s one of many hurdles to jump through."

And for anyone who does not know the WAIK is not the easiest of bits of software to download, install, etc.

It is a nice idea but I just wonder how many users are going to get in trouble when they don't need to, i.e.e, screw their existing recovery partition in the mistaken belief that they should update it...when basic imaging would give the same and be more useful generally...but that may just be grumpy, Ol' me...LOL.

Baldrick
exactly! buyer beware, freestuff beware and defend! LOL!
Userlevel 6
As an addition to Baldricks comment, one should not forget that in the case of a damaged HDD you're also losing the recovery.
Userlevel 7
A very good point indeed...leave the recovery partition alone and implement basic, periodic imaging...as a minimum. ;)