Apple Releases iOS 8.2 With Apple Watch Support

• 9 March 2015
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Today at their Spring Forward event Apple made a number of announcements. One smaller but still important update to come from the event was the release of iOS 8.2. The main purpose of iOS 8.2 is to add support for Apple Watch so that devices are ready when it begins to ship next month. It includes the new Apple Watch application, and likely many changes under the hood to prepare devices for when the Apple Watch becomes available.

Full Article

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
by Paul Ducklin on March 9, 2015

Apple has just announced its latest round of security updates.
OS X in its 10.8, 10.9 and 10.10 flavours (Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite) gets Security Update 2015-002.
iOS goes to version 8.2; Apple TV gets 7.1.
In particular, the fix that we advised you to "watch for" is here.
For users of all the platforms mentioned above, the TLS FREAK bug is patched.

Full Article
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
There’s a hidden iOS 8.2 app you didn’t know is installed on your iPhone

Chris SmithMarch 13, 2015  

apple-watch-ios-8-2-activity-app-iphone
Apple’s iOS 8.2 update brings Apple Watch compatibility via a special app that lets users pair the smartwatch with the iPhone, but that’s not the only new Apple application included in the iOS update, as developer Hamza Sood has discovered.
DON’T MISS: How to stop cell phone companies from secretly selling your info to advertisers
The iOS 8.2 build also contains a special fitness app called Activity that appears on the iPhone’s home screen once an Apple Watch is paired with the device. As soon as Activity is set up on the Watch, the app is unlocked and can be used on the iPhone.
The application has already been shown in marketing materials, and should offer users access to fitness data, displaying the same activity rings you get to see on the Apple Watch for standing, walking and exercise. Without a Watch though, the fitness app is pretty much useless.

Full Article
Userlevel 6
I'll "watch" for it! Did I say that? LOL  RR
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I'll "watch" for it! Did I say that? LOL  RR
Yes me toooo!:D