bewildered

• 27 April 2014
  • 6 replies

• Fresh Face
  • 2 replies
I get a message saying "THREATS DETECTED" & then, when I scan my computer, it says "NO THREATS DETECTED".  What gives?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello GTM, welcome to the Webroot Community :)

A couple of things might be happening. The first of which is maybe WSA detected a threat upon boot and quarantined it.  Once quarantined it will not show up during a scan, it has already been dealt with. 

Open WSA
Click the gear tool next to PC Security
Click the Quarantine tab.
Check to see if there is anything listed there.

You can also view the threat log by saving and then reviewing the Threat Log.
Open WSA
Click the gear tool next to Utilities
Click the Reports tab
Click the Save Threat Log button.  I suggest you save it either to the Desktop or some other location that you can find easily.
Open the file and look for any threats found and note the dates they were found.

You might also have seen the stat that shows the total number of threats detected since install.  That is sometimes confused as being a current threat, and that stat can be reset if you desire.

Open WSA
Click the gear tool next to Utilities
Click the Reports tab
Locate and click the View Statistics button
At the bottom, click the RESET button.
This will clear ALL protection stats, including the number of threats found since the last time the stats were cleared, or if never cleared since it was first installed.

I hope this helps!
Userlevel 7
Ironically, the same thing happened to me earlier tonight.  The culprits were f3a1.tmp and 327c.tmp.  Odd thing is, I can't find much info online about either one.  All I know is that they were blocked and deleted. :D
Userlevel 7
With the .tmp file type, that would be a temp file... I would guess an internet temporary file, like would be used when loading web page content.  In your case, and this is really just a guess, I think WSA detected some bad content on a page you had visited, either correctly or by a false postive.
Thank u David P.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thank u David P.
Anytime!

Did that help?

Any time you jave a question or problem, just let us know, we are always happy to tey to help!
Yes.  I think it worked.  Ask again @ 8:00 tonight.