Card Payments

• 25 October 2014
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Hi peeps!

I'm looking for an article that would explain the steps of how on-line credit card payments are made.  Also for payments where you give your card number, expiry/start date etc. to a person over the telephone; and how NOT to use one.

A friend recently gave his details over the phone to purchase something but is now REALLY frightened as he dosen't understand the process at all and up till now hasn't had to use a card.  So I'm wanting to print something out for him and I can't find what I want by Googling.

Any help re links to easily understood articles (for dummies) would be appreciated.

Thanks Linda  :)

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Linda

Hope that you are well?

I think that you are getting forgetful in your young age...;) since I have said may times before a couple of times to you...Google it...and if you do with "how online credit card payments are made" you will find a waelth of material on this to scan through and then you can take you pick as to the one that makes most sense to you.

Always a good port of call IMHO.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Here's a link that might help: http://www.bbc.co.uk/webwise/0/22728224

Userlevel 6
Badge +23
I've been doing that Baldrick, just haven't been able to find something that's simple enough for him! I know that the subject isn't simple but as he doesn't have a computer and has only made the 1 purchase over the phone, I just thought you might be able to steer me in the right direction.