Change Windows 10 statrtup sound

• 28 December 2015
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16
Hi All

I use small soun files to personalise my system, but I'm having a bit of trouble now I have switched to windows 10.

The mail notification is ok but the startup sound has reverted to the windows defaault.

How do I change this?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
? check PM pls & try it... Lemme know if that one works for you
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
? I hope your not suggesting a Registry Hack to the OP? As that's all I found to change it.

Daniel
Userlevel 5
Badge +16
Nearly but not quite,

The windows sound plays on startup, but I am trying to get another file to play instead, and another on shutdown..

it seems that there is no way to subtitute the windows startup sound and I cant find any reference to shut down in the notification list
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
? i wouldn't dare to do that. Told you that when the nerd-O-meter goes over 100 i go to another forum till the nerd-O-meter goes back to the safe zone...

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ i wouldn't dare to do that. Told you that when the nerd-O-meter goes over 100 i go to another forum till the nerd-O-meter goes back to the safe zone...

The hack doesn't work anyways I tried on one of my Win 10 VM's.

http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_4546.gif

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I'm pinging one of my Microsoft Uber-geeks at the moment about it... If there is a way i will find it. Too bad a lot of the people i know are on holiday so it may take a few days to get a reply
Userlevel 5
Badge +16
No problem, thanks for looking at it .