Countries at a UK summit pledge to tackle AI's potentially 'catastrophic' risks

• 1 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54

Delegates from 28 nations, including the U.S. and China, have agreed to work together to contain the potential “catastrophic” risks posed by galloping advances in artificial intelligence

November 1, 2023 By KELVIN CHAN and JILL LAWLESS

BLETCHLEY PARK, England (AP) — Delegates from 28 nations, including the U.S. and China, agreed Wednesday to work together to contain the potentially “catastrophic” risks posed by galloping advances in artificial intelligence.

The first international AI Safety Summit, held at a former codebreaking spy base near London, focused on cutting-edge “frontier” AI that some scientists warn could pose a risk to humanity's very existence.

British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak said the declaration was “a landmark achievement that sees the world’s greatest AI powers agree on the urgency behind understanding the risks of AI – helping ensure the long-term future of our children and grandchildren.”

But U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris urged Britain and other countries to go further and faster, stressing the transformations AI is already bringing and the need to hold tech companies accountable — including through legislation.

>> Full Article <<

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello Webrooters! 

Well, I only have 1 thing to say to this paragraph below.:

"U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris urged Britain and other countries to go further and faster, stressing the transformations AI is already bringing and the need to hold tech companies accountable — including through legislation."

Vice President Kamala Harris, hasn't done anything to help the people of the United States, more or less Tech Companies. She's not accountable for doing her own job.  ( that's 2 opinions)🤣

Userlevel 7

Hello Webrooters! 

Well, I only have 1 thing to say to this paragraph below.:

"U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris urged Britain and other countries to go further and faster, stressing the transformations AI is already bringing and the need to hold tech companies accountable — including through legislation."

Vice President Kamala Harris, hasn't done anything to help the people of the United States, more or less Tech Companies. She's not accountable for doing her own job.  ( that's 2 opinions)🤣

@Ssherjj  1,000+ Likes on that post. Now I’m going to keep my mouth shut before I get in trouble here. 🤬🤬