Ex-con Kevin Mitnick now selling zero-day exploits, starting at $100K

• 26 September 2014
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
by Lisa Vaas on September 26, 2014

http://sophosnews.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/kevin-mitnik-170-cc-flickr.jpg?w=640
Kevin Mitnick isn't known for being humble.
When Paul Ducklin reviewed the infamous convicted phone hacker's Ghost in the Wires a few years ago, he noted that the book contained nary a word of contrition (granted, many readers disagreed with him on the need for any):
He doesn't apologise to the very many victims he abused, lied to and cheated; nor to those whose cellphone time he ripped off and whose identities he stole; nor to those outside his own circle whom he left in potentially serious trouble or whose lives he diminished by his self-obsessed criminality.
In fact, he doesn't really acknowledge his victims at all, and he gave me the impression that he's still proud of his time as a liar and a cheat.

Full Article

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hardly surprising this guy is selling exploits given the fact that when most of these guys go to jail,they don't stay there long.I'd like to see guys like this stoned for everyone to see.I'd like to see a hacker for good completely harass the living daylights out of this scumbag.We all know what karma is.He'll get his,hopefully sooner than later,before his actions harm anyone else.

P.S. I always have hated the term "Ex-con".Once a con,always a con,especially in matters like this.It's too easy to start back up when you get out of jail.There are always new ways to try and hide your tracks.