Facebook privacy now defaults to friends only

• 23 May 2014
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Facebook privacy now defaults to friends only
by Doug Gross, CNN

Facebook privacy just got a little more private.

Starting Thursday, new users of the site will have their privacy settings default to "Friends," instead of "Public," which had been the case for adults for the past several years.

And in the coming weeks, returning users will be prompted to take a close look at their privacy settings and other account information when they log in.

Full Article

:S  Can it be that they're actually headed in the right direction?
- Jeff

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well jpasternak, I would like to believe Facebook is going in the right direction and it's about time. I've had my Facebook set to friends for awhile now..so only time can tell with this big Social Network! 😉
Userlevel 7
I'm thinking that maybe I spoke too soon?

Forget Godzilla: Facebook rolls out its own dinosaur
It's been a big week for dinosaurs. With "Godzilla" still rampaging at the box office, Facebook also rolled out some privacy changes along with a friendly blue dino to help explain them all.
FULL STORY

Userlevel 7
The Followiing Article is a Update on Facebook Privacy

"quote' 4 Facebook Privacy Intrusion Fixes

By/ Kristin Burnham  Posted on June 30 2014

For one week in early 2012, Facebook toyed with the emotions of nearly 700,000 unsuspecting users, according to research published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
To determine whether Facebook could change the emotional state of users, the social network manipulated newsfeeds to show more positive posts to some people and negative posts to others. In instances where users were shown more positive posts, they were more likely to share positive statuses. Conversely, users who were shown more negative posts were more likely to share negative status messages.

Information Week/ Full Read Here/ http://www.informationweek.com/software/social/4-facebook-privacy-intrusion-fixes/d/d-id/1278973

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I don't post anything too personal... just fun stuff or cute stuff or tech stuff and the only personal posts I post are stuff that is more generalized. I am not able to say just whatever since I sorta represent a few brands and stuff so... yeah.