Heads up lots of Issues with today's Microsoft updates

  • 11 September 2013
  • 22 replies
  • 59 views

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
The Folder pane on the left disappears or Empty had to remove KB2817630 which repaired that and KB2810009 failed to install twice so I did it manually and Windows update still says it's not installed so I had to hide them.
 
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/8ebce46d-1645-4909-8951-d1ca954179ac/outlook-2013-folder-pane-is-empty
 
TH

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I working with Mircosoft Support to get this issue fixed they have to call me between 2 & 3 pm EDT tomorrow so that will be interesting and it's out now here is one fron ZDNET: http://www.zdnet.com/update-for-outlook-2013-breaks-folder-pane-7000020512/
 
Daniel
Userlevel 7
Big problem with a nice report on ZDNet... yet we got the news here first!  Nicely done TH and huge Kudo's for all your work keeping us informed!
Userlevel 7
Thanks TH for reporting of the issue.
 
I have same troubles with:
  • Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2760411)
  • Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2760588)
  • Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB2760583)
those updates reappear after installation again and again.
 
Please be so kind and share a fix.
 
Thanks & regards,
pegas
Userlevel 7
Just to complement Daniel's information.
 
It became the widely acknowledged bug which is yet to be addressed by Microsoft. You can also follow this Softpedia and this Win 7 forum article.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks TH for reporting of the issue.
 
I have same troubles with:
  • Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2760411)
  • Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2760588)
  • Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB2760583)
those updates reappear after installation again and again.
 
Please be so kind and share a fix.
 
Thanks & regards,
pegas
Hi Petr,
 
I think I will be talking to a Microsoft Office Support Engineer but it might not happen since it's wide spread and reproducible but if I do talk to him I will mention your KB's and the issue you have with them and if not I still can send him an email.
 
Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Thanks Daniel, considering the wide userbase reporting this issue it is a matter of time when it will be resolved.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes and there still sleeping in Redmond so when he come's online 3 to 4 hours from now he is supposed to call me so we will see. But the MVP channels are full of the same complaints and some are getting BSOD on this KB2872339 Windows Server 2008 & Windows 7 so there a few issues from yesterday's updates.


 
Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Nice chart posted here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/srd/archive/2013/09.aspx?Redirected=true
 
Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
And a list of all the Office updates released on Sept 10 2013: http://blogs.technet.com/b/office_sustained_engineering/archive/2013/09/11/september-2013-office-update-release.aspx
 
Daniel
Userlevel 7
Yeah, the three reoccurring MS updates I reported still persist. I disabled them until a fix from Microsoft is released.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
I
@ wrote:
Yeah, the three reoccurring MS updates I reported still persist. I disabled them until a fix from Microsoft is released.
I hid both those same updates on both mine and my wife's pc last night,but this morning i noticed when i tried to restore hidden updates,they were gone.I managed to get my wife's pc  backed up and fully updated and i have yet to confront any issues on her win7 machine.My win8 machine also has no issues at this moment.After a clean install yesterday morning,all is working splendidly.It's been a long while since i can remember a patch tuesday being such a headache for so many people.I was on the phone with Microsoft yesterday over a license key issue and i was on hold almost 45 minutes.Hopefully things will get better soon.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I
@ wrote:
Yeah, the three reoccurring MS updates I reported still persist. I disabled them until a fix from Microsoft is released.
I hid both those same updates on both mine and my wife's pc last night,but this morning i noticed when i tried to restore hidden updates,they were gone.I managed to get my wife's pc  backed up and fully updated and i have yet to confront any issues on her win7 machine.My win8 machine also has no issues at this moment.After a clean install yesterday morning,all is working splendidly.It's been a long while since i can remember a patch tuesday being such a headache for so many people.I was on the phone with Microsoft yesterday over a license key issue and i was on hold almost 45 minutes.Hopefully things will get better soon.
Based on your post I reenabled the three updates to confirm your findings. Unfortunately immediately after reenabling the updates jumped out again, so I disabled them back. So on Vista Business 32 no avail yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
MVP Sends Email to Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer over Botched Updates
 
http://news.softpedia.com/news/MVP-Sends-Email-to-Microsoft-CEO-Steve-Ballmer-Over-Botched-Updates-382765.shtml
 
Susan was giving me most the info I supplied here through the Microsoft MVP Channels!
 
Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
More info for repeat Office Update issues.
 
http://blogs.technet.com/b/office_sustained_engineering/archive/2013/09/12/september-2013-public-update-update-targeting-for-microsoft-update-wsus-and-sccm.aspx
 
Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
This is a wild one from ZDnet: http://www.zdnet.com/why-all-the-errors-in-microsoft-updates-lately-7000020628/
 
Daniel
Userlevel 7
As of this morning (September 14), all updates seem to install just fine and Microsoft confirmed that it managed to fix all issues.
 
Microsoft has finally fixed the botched updates it released on Patch Tuesday, so computers stuck in an installation loop should now deploy the fixes just fine.

The company said that the correct bulletins are now delivered via Windows Update, so simply check again for patches using the built-in Control Panel screen.

Here are all updates that are supposed to be working fine starting this morning:

Security Update for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (KB2760589)
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2760411)
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2767913)
Security Update for Excel 2003 (KB2810048)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB2760583)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel Viewer 2007 (KB2760590)
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2760588)
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2810009) 64-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 (KB2553145)
Update for Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer 2010 (KB2553351)
 
I gladly confirm that everything's alright on my Vista machine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Do you have a link @ ? I can confirm that Security Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2810009) 64-Bit Edition is fixed on my system as I installed it manually and I hid the repeat update and this morning it wasn't there anymore. ;)
 
Daniel
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Do you have a link?
Daniel
Here's 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Do you have a link?
Daniel
Here's :-)
Thanks but it's not really updated by Microsoft but your and my issues are gone.
 
Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Just to confirm that the 3 updates I was having trouble with which were the same as Pegas have now been fixed.
  • Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2760411)
  • Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2760588)
  • Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB2760583)
I restored them from their hidden status, did a search for updates and the same 3 came up again to install. I installed and after a restart which was not asked for the other times the problem does appear to have been resolved.
 
 
Userlevel 7
Jasper, it happenned more easily in my case. I just checked for updates and the three disappeared from the hid updates and I got no more updates available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I was just wanting to confirm to myself that they had been either fixed and reissued or just been withdrawn.

Reply