How to burn a password into your brain

• 15 July 2014
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
ME remember a 56-bit random password!!!!!!!!  This is interesting.

By Lisa Vaas on July 14, 2014

http://sophosnews.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/passwords-brain-ss_138256124-170.jpg?w=640

"Enter Microsoft Research's Stuart Schechter and Princeton University's Joseph Bonneau, who on Friday presented an experiment they created to teach people to memorise very strong 56-bit random passwords through "spaced repetition" at the Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security.
It turns out that it can actually be surprisingly easy to burn a complex password into your brain.
With the researchers' process, which took an average of about 12 minutes per user, 94% of subjects were able to remember a 56-bit password or passphrase."

Full Article

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Very interesting article Jasper! The Research can work for me too....as it saids here....It turns out that it can actually be surprisingly easy to burn a complex password into your brain.

I feel we are not very Password tech savy or are we? Who uses a password generator? 😉
Userlevel 7
This all presupposes that one 'has a brain'...and if one does that the capacity one has is not better spent on retaining more important information.  I believe that Einstein did not bother with his address as he could look it up in a telephone directory if he needed to reference it or give it to someone else...LOL

I am with Einstein on this one...;)