How to Install macOS Monterey/Ventura Updates Without Installing Sonoma

• 9 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7

by: Paul Horowitz

While many Mac users have already downloaded and installed MacOS Sonoma onto their Macs and are enjoying the great new features, not every Mac user wants to upgrade to Sonoma. In fact, many Mac users want to stay put with macOS Monterey, or MacOS Ventura, and not upgrade to MacOS Sonoma for now, or even at all.

Whether you’re waiting for some particular app compatibility, for a later release version of Sonoma, or are skipping Sonoma entirely, we’ll show you how you can install updates to macOS Monterey and MacOS Ventura, without installing the MacOS Sonoma upgrade.

We’ll cover this process on Monterey (and earlier, including Big Sur) first, and then the process on Ventura too, which is slightly different.

⇨⇨ Full Article ⇦⇦

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

I’m going to save this link as I get asked this question often. Thanks for the post. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

@ProTruckDriver  Every time I go on my IMac it has an update. I'm going going to have look to see what OS I  have now. 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Great article and covers something I do as part of my job on a regular basis.

I have a text file with all the Mac App Store weblinks for all the old MacOS versions so I can upgrade users without upgrading to the latest macOS.