How to turn on COVID-19 exposure notifications on iPhone

• 5 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7

BY KILLIAN BELL • 11:00 AM, DECEMBER 31, 2021

With the omicron variant fueling lightning-fast spread of COVID-19, it’s a good time for iPhone owners to take advantage of the exposure notifications feature built into iOS. By simply enabling this feature, you will get an alert after being exposed to someone who tests positive for the virus — as long as they also have contact notifications turned on, and they report their test results.

For obvious reasons, this automatic version of contact tracing works more effectively if more people utilize it. If you discover that you’ve been in close contact with an infected person, you can take appropriate steps (getting tested, staying away from vulnerable people, etc.)

We’ll show you how to take control of COVID-19 exposure notifications on your device.

★★ Full Article ★★

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Well here we install an app and it uses Bluetooth but there not keeping track of all infections so it’s a waste of time so I uninstalled it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.gc.hcsc.canada.stopcovid even if we have symptoms they say not to go get a PCR test and if the symptoms get bad to call 911.

How it works if you have a Positive PCR test then they give you a code to put into the App to let others know you have or had COVID so it’s kinda @#$%^&* stupid IMO.

Userlevel 7

I don’t think they have an app for my phone. When this phone craps out I’ll get a Jitterbug Flip Phone with the Big Numbers. Now you see what you youngsters have to look forward to when you get old.  LOL

My Phone: