I purchased a new HP Envy 23 Computer from Best Buy. It came with AOL embedded and I cannot find it.

• 27 February 2015
  • 2 replies

I want to remove AOL from my computer and all its pop ups but cannot find it in my programs or anyway I tried off of online help. It is annoying. Can anyone help me identify it so I can rid my computer of this virus?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Does AOL not show up in the add/remove programs?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
if the program came as bloatware I would be very surprised if it didnt show up in programs have a look in the programs part of the control panel

W8 : Search "control panel" then click "programs" and search the list, click the program you want, then click the un-instal button, then work your way through the wizard.
W7: start, control panel, click programs, search the list for the program you wish to remove, click the program, click un-install and work through the wizard.

if you cannot find it in the list have a look in
c:/programfiles(x86) for anything along the lines of AOL, this might be a extreme solution but I would just cut out the cancer at the source and see if that stops them, but be careful what you delete though as you can damage other programs in here. 

Good luck and let the hunt begin!