Microsoft's new Portable Power external charger packs 6,000 mAh battery

• 2 October 2014
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
By Mihaita Bamburic  Posted on 10/2/2014

While traveling, my smartphone's always running out of juice sooner than it normally does. This leads to some frustrating moments, like being unable to make calls, open a map or send texts, not to mention having to watch the percentage indicator. Not knowing where someone is, for instance, is never great news in such situations. I know I could use an external battery charger, but I tend to avoid them, and for good reasons.
They generally tend to be bulky, ugly, and almost fragile. Getting the impression that what can only be regarded as a tool is flimsy is not confidence-inspiring -- if it breaks, it's going to be a problem. Microsoft's new Portable Power appears to be different, however. And why wouldn't it be, when it has some Nokia DNA in it?

Portable Power, which bears Microsoft's branding, is basically an evolution of previous Nokia external battery charger designs, and, as such, can be considered a well put-together device that can withstand the test of time. It looks fairly robust from what I'm seeing.

betanews/ Article/ http://betanews.com/2014/10/02/microsofts-new-portable-power-external-charger-packs-6000-mah-battery/

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Webrooters.

I've got one of these Portable Power Chargers and it works great when you need it on the go and in airports and such! It's a neat little gadjet!! But mine is called Power Bank Model: A5.

Thanks Anthony!:D