Microsoft update KB3033929 possibly causing problems for Windows 7 users

• 13 March 2015
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Over the years Microsoft has managed to break computers with updates, though not intentionally of course. However, it's generally wise to wait just a bit after Patch Tuesday and keep an eye out for reports of any problems that other customers are experiencing. It's generally safe, but you can never be too cautious.

Now those who have stayed behind, clinging to Windows 7, seem to be on the receiving end of just such an incident. If users of the TechNet forums are to be believed, and there's no reason to suspect otherwise, then KB3033929 could wreak a bit of havoc with Windows 7 systems.
 The message boards have lit up with pleas to the company -- "Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3033929). Installation date: ?3/?11/?2015 8:57 AM. Installation status: Failed. Error details: Code 80004005. Update type: Important. A security update. . . I can't find any info on this error. Tried the update twice and both times it failed".

Full Article

3 replies

It installed 2 days ago on my Win 7 x64 device without any issues (so far).
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
No issues here on my wife's Win7 machine.Just goes to show every computing environment is unique.As critical as i have been of MSFT in the past,reality is that no amount of QA testing can cover every single scenario/environment.However,the sheer quantity of issues these last few years does not inspire confidence in any MSFT software.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
See also - MS Update 3033929 Causing Reboot Loop