New Script Kicks Google 'Glassholes' Off the Network

• 3 June 2014
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54

Engineer writes simple program to scan for and de-authorise Google Glass wearers.

A Berlin-based engineer and artist has developed a new script for system administrators who want to ban Google Glass wearers from their networks, for privacy and other reasons.
New Zealand-born Julian Oliver posted the simple “glasshole.sh” script on his personal blog. Essentially it scans the network every 30 seconds searching for the first eight numbers of a Google Glass MAC address and kicks off any it finds.

Full Article

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Now this I actually really like.  I have nothing wrong with Glass.  I dont really want one but they dont bother me much.  I would however see this as being a very valid utility for businesses that operate under PCI Compliance rules.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Won't they still have their own mobile connection?  They'll need some kind of jammer if they really want to shut down the glasses 🙂
Userlevel 5
unless im wrong the glass can save pics locally, so blocking network access isn't that useful.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
It will be interesting to see how it all pans out in a while when they have become more common.