NEW: TechSmith Snagit 2018

• 12 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Coming soon and being a Microsoft MVP I get the new version on October 17th before being released to the public! Something new to look foreword too.

https://discover.techsmith.com/snagit-2018-coming-soon/

Daniel

5 replies

Good to know, Daniel. I look forward to the new version. I really like Snagit. In fact I use the Snagit editor a lot, even for images that weren't captured by Snagit.

Do you know if current users will automatically get the new version or will we have to purchase a new license?

TIA, ;)
BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
They didn't say during the Webinar but they did say they will be sending the link to download and new keycode via email on the 17th to us that were on the Webinar.
I'll be sure to keep an eye on my email. I get regular emails from TechSmith. Really wish I could afford Camtasia from TechSmith (Basically, Snagit for video).
Hi all,

So I got the email yesterday regarding the new Snagit 2018. I found out that if you already have Snagit 13, then you can upgrade to Snagit 2018 for $24.95. Just log in to your account, select "My Products" and then "Upgrade"

Here's an interesting tidbit. They offer an "Educational" update for teachers and other school employees for only $14.95. Usually, to receive educational discounts on software you need to have a ".edu" email address (which I do have). But TechSmith doesn't ask for this address and will send the new keycode and download link to your existing email address from your TechSmith account! So, I was able to, and you can too, upgrade for $14.95.

Another nice surprise is that when you upgrade you get a new keycode, PLUS you also get to maintain your old keycode (Snagit 13). Since you can have Snagit installed on 2 machines per single license/keycode, that means I now can have Snagit 13 on 2 machines and Snagit 2018 on two machnes.

Haven't had time to check out the new features yet, but looking forward to it. Hopefully it's worth $14.95. :D

Thanks @ for recommending it to me in the first place. I really like this software a lot. ;)

Everyone have a nice day,
BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Awesome!