Solved

On-line Survey Sites?

• 24 June 2014
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Hi all,

I've been told about on-line survey sites as a way that I could boost my income and earn a bit of pocket money, such as Ipsos, Global Test Market and Swagbucks.  I was wondering if anyone has tried any of these and if its safe to use them given that you have to link your e-mail with them in order to get the surveys /get paid.
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 24 June 2014, 02:02

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Linda!  :)

SOME of the survey sites may be legit, and you will actually get a little bit of cash or points that you can trade in for.gift cards.  In my experience (Via my wife) there are a lot that are NOT legit... you just plain never end up receiving the payment that was processed.

Also, keep in mind, that most likely all survey sites are HUGE data mining operations.  You WILL get a LOT more spam email, and they WILL share your data to provide you with targeted marketing.

MY wife  tried a few of these, and really she never did end up getting much out of it.  I know some people who seem to collect payment, but also remember that as popular as the idea is my own opinion is that you will also encounter some risk of phishing and identity theft.

Before you sign up for ANY survey site, you will want to know if you will need to download any software (DONT do it).
Do your homework.  Research any such site very very well before signing up.  See what people have to say about any particular site before you risk sharing your information.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
😃 Excellent information David.... and Linda good question to ask so others can understand also what David just posted: 

SOME of the survey sites may be legit, and you will actually get a little bit of cash or points that you can trade in for.gift cards.  In my experience (Via my wife) there are a lot that are NOT legit... you just plain never end up receiving the payment that was processed.

Also, keep in mind, that most likely all survey sites are HUGE data mining operations.  You WILL get a LOT more spam email, and they WILL share your data to provide you with targeted marketing.

MY wife  tried a few of these, and really she never did end up getting much out of it.  I know some people who seem to collect payment, but also remember that as popular as the idea is my own opinion is that you will also encounter some risk of phishing and identity theft.

Before you sign up for ANY survey site, you will want to know if you will need to download any software (DONT do it).
Do your homework.  Research any such site very very well before signing up.  See what people have to say about any particular site before you risk sharing your information.

Thank You@DavidP1070 ;)

Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Mmmm... you make lots of good points there David thanks. I've been reading lots of reviews for these sites, the privacy policys and t&cs etc. and fast coming to the conclusion that I don't really want to risk picking up something nasty! I'm sure that there will be a couple that are legit but they're not readily presenting themselves as such. Thanks again though for the input, it made me stop to think about things first. 😉
Userlevel 7
David made Excellent points! Please do follow his advise.
I have participated in some online surveys. I trust NO ONE as far as that area goes so before I signed up, I added another email address to my account and used that one for surveys. I wont download software, but I will do surveys for points that can be cashed in for airline miles or.gift card for Amazon. The.gift card for Amazon doesn't get mailed to you, you get an e-mail with a.gift card code. Global Test Market is legit, but again, you do need to check each individual survey before you participate. Also, I dont think there is much income to be made from them. You have to do many many surveys for a token $2-$5.gift card.

If you have an airline frequent flyer account and would like to earn points that can transfer into miles, check out http://www.e-miles.com/  I participate in that one regulary and have earned many miles. Another good site is http://www.e-rewards.com. You can redeem points to be applied to your e-miles account or many different categories. You can use your points for.gift cards to many retailers that offer e.gift cards, Best Buy is one of them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
One reliable place for earning some money online is Amazon Mechanical Turk.  They're legit.
Userlevel 7
Thanks Nic ! ;-D