Phishing Email from "Webroot"

• 31 December 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I received two emails from “Webroot” about my subscription being about to expire.  I have several years left on my subscription so I assume this is phishing are asking for data and/or money.  the logo on the email is a RED circle with a white “w” in the middle.  Not too accurate, eh?  How can I report or just forward them to Webroot?

By the way, my name is Mark, and EVERY TIME I come to the forum , the forum denies my password when I sign in, and I need to get a new password (for YEARS) so this time I’m just posting without signing in, if it’ll let me. ;)   (It’s probably me doing something dumb, but I’m taking the easy road here.)

Thanks folks!

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey @MFreburg-OH ,

It’s hard to say if this is a phishing email without a screenshot. It sounds likely enough, though, given that you have years left on your subscription.

If you want to report it, please send a ticket to our support team HERE 

Include the email domain you got this from as well as a screenshot of the email.

In regards to your login issues - it looks like you logged in to make this post. If you want to follow up to get help with this issue, please send me a private message with as many details as possible. Thanks!

Hope that helps!

-Keenan

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

thanks--I was surprised to see I’d logged in, too. :)  I will forward both emails to the support team.  Thanks!!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hmmm...your link included no email address nor was I able to find one…..

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Whoops, I messed up, sorry!!  Message sent to Support.