RealTimes (RealPlayer)

• 27 June 2015
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for some help, again!

I've just downloaded an updated version of the RealTimes (RealPlayer) as the one I already used had stopped working.  I got so far as a sign up (which I haven't seen before) and the programme has frozen.  I've tried going into the RealTimes Downloader that came with it to see if there was any info there that would help, but no.

Now I can't even shut down to restart as it's telling me to close the programme but I can't even get the curser to work so that I can accept the terms and conditions etc..  

I can still use Chrome and Webroot and I've run a scan that's detected nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can unfreeze things?

Cheers

Linda

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @

This may sound obvious but have you tried Control-Alt-Delete? Use the keyboard and press Control-Alt-Delete all at once and you will have options and you can run Task Manager and end the program that is running.

EDITED
Corrupted installations of older versions of the application may interfere with the installation of current versions. Removing these programs before installing can allow the installation to complete successfully:

1. Click the Start button, choose Settings, and then Control Panel.
2. Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
3. Locate RealTimes, RealPlayer or RealPlayer Plus in the list of installed programs.
4. Select the application and click the Add/Remove button. If you have multiple RealTimes and RealPlayer programs listed, remove them as well.
5. Once you have removed all previous versions, restart Windows and install the latest version of RealTimes.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Great! I'll try this and let you know what happens.
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Thanks Sherry!

I did both in the end, Looks like I'll have to download most of my UTube videos though as they haven't updated too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Linda,

You are very welcome!

Sounds like you have got this all under control....

Have a great day!