Some Click-to-Run programs do not start after Office 2013 July Public Update is installed:

• 6 August 2014
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Some Click-to-Run programs do not start after Office 2013 July Public Update is installed:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2989605/en-us?sd=rss&spid=16674

Shortly after the release of the Microsoft Office July Public Update, we received notification of a potential issue that affects a subset of Microsoft Office 2013 and Office 365 Click-to-Run users.In some cases, these users cannot start Office products after the July 2014 Office updates are installed.

We have corrected this problem. On July 24, 2014, we started a phased rollout of updated build 15.0.4631.1004. A growing number of users will start to receive this fix during this gradual rollout. After the update is made available, users who want to apply the update immediately can do this manually. To obtain the latest Office build, click *File*, click *Office Account*, click *Update Option*, and then click *Update Now* on the options list.

Source Inside Info to share. Also note I'm running Office 2013 Pro Plus x64 on Win 7 x64 and I have not seen this issue.

Daniel 😉

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't installed the update yet. I think I'll wait till the fix is rolled out to everyone.:)