Solved

Someone has my ip address

• 20 June 2014
  • 4 replies

so someone recently found my ip address and i was wondering. is webroots firewall enough to protect against any attemted hacks?
p.s. im gunna see and reset the motem tomorrow.
icon

Best answer by regnor 20 June 2014, 10:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
WSA only protects Outbound Traffic; for Inbound Traffic you would have to activate Windows Firewall or a different Firewall software. The standard settings of Windows Firewall are sufficent to block any external attempts as long as you don't open any ports.
Are you really using a modem for your internet connection or do you have a router in place? If the last, the router has its own firewall and doesn't allow direct requests to your internal network; also only if you didn't open any ports.
Windows firewall is on and i have it set to block all connections including apps. I have both a router and a modem for my system. So do i have anything to worry about?
Userlevel 6
As long as you don't open any ports on your router I would say you're almost safe against attacks from the outside.
However I would restart your router/reset the IP because of your privacy.

By the way; you're showing your public IP address everywhere you go in the internet; so theoretically every Website you visit does know your IP.
Yea i know, i just get paranoid about my computer. Thank you for all the help!