The Anti-Virus Tier List YouTube

• 16 January 2024
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

To me it’s very interesting that I got from the luminaries group!

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

@TripleHelix great video. Interesting information!! Webroot was mentioned a few times. Windows Defender is alright for home users. Sophos has free through anti-virus scanner...etc

Need to save video for more people to listen to this.🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Good video. There are so many websites/videos about Anti-virus but they can be biased and misleading. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +54

Thank you @TripleHelix that was actually very good and unbiased.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Yes I agree it's unbiased he used other products in IT and not an expert and it's true about the free Av's there more of a PITA these days except Defender which comes with windows.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

This is great stuff! 

Will share with team!

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Great video, thanks for posting. Nice to see he put Webroot at the top. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Great video, thanks for posting. Nice to wee he put Webroot at the top. 

I like that he said that all AV’s will not protect but it’s the person between the Chair and Keyboard!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yep. Ultimately you can’t protect against the idiot behind the keyboard! The human factor will always add uncertainty 

Why is it that I’ve been saying pretty much the same thing about how useless most AV’s are, both on Wilders and on Malware Tips Forums, but keep getting these Malware Tips know-it-all tr*lls swarming in as soon as I as much as open my mouth and rubbishing what I and many of us others say (and to boot, often praising that piece of malware that goes by the name of Norton AV), and yet now I come here and see some IT guy saying pretty much exactly what I’ve been saying all along?

LOL.

Oh, and just one more thing...I’ll say it again: notwithstanding what the venerable test organisations assure us,  many of us have found through experience that Webroot beats ‘em all!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hi @Muddy7 It's the blind leading the blind on those other forms. ⚡

Yeah. Dunno about Wilders, but I distinctly get the impression it’s true for those know-it-alls on MalwareTips.

The chap who produced this video seems to have made some other very interesting videos. I’ve bookmarked his channel. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Yeah. Dunno about Wilders, but I distinctly get the impression it’s true for those know-it-alls on MalwareTips.

The chap who produced this video seems to have made some other very interesting videos. I’ve bookmarked his channel. Thanks!

I joined MT many years ago to defend and explain Webroot and I got banned for no good reason so I don’t care about that place.

Having said that, even Webroot fan Rubenking says that the product is beginning to slip: https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/webroot-secureanywhere-antivirus. Time will tell, without doubt.

(For my part, until I see direct and personal evidence to the contrary, I will continue to act on the view which, on the basis of aforesaid criteria, I have developed over the last almost 20 years: namely, that Webroot is [still] the best product out there.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Having said that, even Webroot fan Rubenking says that the product is beginning to slip: https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/webroot-secureanywhere-antivirus. Time will tell, without doubt.

(For my part, until I see direct and personal evidence to the contrary, I will continue to act on the view which, on the basis of aforesaid criteria, I have developed over the last almost 20 years: namely, that Webroot is [still] the best product out there.)

Agreed. PCmag I don’t care anymore as if you give them money they will say nice things so who knows now? The user right.

So it’s alleged. But so far I haven’t seen any concrete evidence for that allegation. Also, folk here were very happy to trumpet PCMag’s (i.e. Rubenking’s) rave reviews of Webroot until his last one (the one I cite above) where he reported problems he hadn’t encountered before with it. Interestingly, everybody suddenly went silent.